This one day or half day course will help participants to understand the range of assisitve technology that makes a difference to blind people’s lives. Using examples from actual practice we shall explore the opportunities afforded by Assistive Technilogy to meet the needs of those with biindness or visual impairment
Who is the course for?
Volunteers, Specialist Sensory Services for the Blind, Teachers of the Blind and Visually Impaired, Assistive Technology Companies with an interest in Blind Tech
What will participants get out of the course?
- Practical understanding of blindness and its impact on daily living
- Range of Assistive Technology that will enable daily living
- Smart speakers and their use for the blind
- Screen readers and how to use them
- How to assess a blind or visually impaired person foyr Assistive Technology
- How to implement recommendations and give a practical solution to a blind or visually impaired person.
What is the cost per participant?
Full Day – £50
Half Day – £25
How do we set it up a course with AccessAbilitySolutions?