Specialist SEN&D ICT Consultant – Speaker – Trainer/Facilitator – Teacher
What has Myles done?
- ICT SEN Advisor for Wiltshire Council ( 10 years)
- mPowerNet ICT SEN Trainer ( 3 years)
- Advisory Teacher for Buckinghamshire ( 1 year)
- Special Schools Teacher (16 years)
What does he do now?
- Set up his own business “AccessAbility Solutions” as a Specialist ICT SEN Consultant
- Leads Christian services eg wedding, funerals, speaking engagements ( on behalf of Prospects with Liveability Charity)
- Semi –retired married to Cath for 42 years
- Three children – all grown up!
- County Co-ordinator for AbilityNet
- Speaks at exhibitions, Bath Spa University and regional events
What does he like doing?
- Burnley FC
- Watching and playing football ( on Xbox 360!!)
- Landscape Photography
- IT gadgets and gizmos!
- Drawing and Painting
- Cycling ( on his wife’s electric bike!)
What skills does he have?
- ICT skills
- Empathy towards people with learning difficulties
- Facilitation – to get the best out of people!
- Teaching skills – ability to see from the learner’s point of view
- Speaking skills – to groups of any size!
- Can sing!
- Plays a guitar and piano (badly) – jazz/Rock’n’Roll/Blues
- Listening skills – to establish what the needs are
- Website design and building
- App guru for special needs