A client requested that I upgrade the hard drive to 1TB. With SSD this would mean cloning across using either cloud or a device that would achieve this. But when I opened up the Dell I discovered a space for a 2.5″ SSHD which was a pleasant surprise. So the following steps were made to installl this additional drive
- Fit a a thermal cover to reduce heat on the SSHD
- Fit in position
- Start up laptop
- Go to Computer Management via right mouse click and select from list
- Format the said drive – and set any partitions if needed
- Rename the volume of the drive
- Check in File Explorer the drive is visible.